Thursday, March 12, 2015

43 months since DTE!

It has been 43 months since we sent our dossier to Ethiopia!
Monday also marked 4 years from the day we first applied to our agency... but families don't get onto the wait list until they send in their dossier, which is a compilation of documents required by the Ethiopian government.















I was really hoping that we would have some news by now, but at the same time, I know that many of the best things in life are WORTH WAITING FOR.

Our DTE buddies (their paperwork got sent to Ethiopia the same day as ours did) got their referral call yesterday, so we are confident it will be our turn SOON.

Yesterday's Bible study included the following verse:
"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." (Psalm 5:1-3)
We will continue to wait in expectation, until we hold our girl in our arms!

Walking on a beautiful beach last weekend helped put things into perspective!















Please continue to pray for our daughter, and for the other children and families at all stages of their adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment